Director of Sales & Marketing
Who we are?
Being recognized as World's Leading Luxury Business Hotel by the World Travel Awards (WTA), InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong is a five-star hotel that offers breathtaking views of Hong Kong's Victoria Harbour. The hotel features 570 luxurious rooms and suites and the finest selection of world-class dining outlets from distinctive Italian to contemporary international buffet and award-winning Cantonese cuisine.
What’s your passion?
Whether you’re into singing, snow boarding or soap operas, we’re interested in YOU. We love people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do to their hobbies.
We’re looking for exceptional individuals to join our friendly and professional team at InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong. You’ll be a positive, self-assured person with a really approachable manner.
Develop and implement sales and marketing strategies for the hotel to ensure revenue and room night sales goals are achieved, sales and marketing are set, tactical plans are created and implemented and results are monitored and achieved.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce the Annual Revenue Plan & Action Plan, Marketing Budgets, Forecasts and to ensure Revenue Plan objectives are achieved and long term strategies towards VISION 2020
- Provides a professional, advisory support service to the General Manager
- Coordinate all methods of maintaining and increasing business volume
- Create and implement special programs to achieve greater profitability
- Work closely with revenue management and marketing functions, to develop strategies to maximise REVPAR and grow market share
- Review regularly activity reports to ensure the sales target are being met and also review the internal promotion pieces for visual effect for assurance the brand standards are being met
- Organize and promote, in cooperation with the Food & Beverage Department special projects to stimulate Food & beverage sales within the community
- Investigate potential markets and procure new and repeat business
- Review regularly the Public Relations activities to ensure high awareness of the hotel in the local and national media
- Conduct market research and oversee the development of new marketing strategies
- Maintain good communication with Regional Sales and Marketing personnel and implement corporate initiatives
- Works with Director of Finance in the preparation and management of the hotel and departmental budget
- Develop systems that measure the cost effectiveness of the department
- Plan bonus, commission and incentive schemes for sales staff in accordance with the marketing budget and hotel standards
- Work with Director of Human Resource to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive
- Manage daily sales activities, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right staffing numbers
- Recruit and manage staff in line with the company guidelines
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching for staff performance and development
- Ensure training needs analysis of Sales staff is carried out and training programmes are well designed and implemented to meet the needs. Recommend or initiate any HR related actions where appropriate
- Design programmes and system to ensure staff hit hotel revenue goals to the standards and work effectively
- Drive a great working environment for teams to thrive, regularly communicating with staff to maintains good relations and connect departments to create sense of one team
- Interact with outside contacts: guests, vendors, and other contacts as needed
- Provide guests with information (example: loyalty programs, areas attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance guest experience
- Schedule conventions and/or business group activities at the hotel and coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the Sales office and prospective clients
- Communicate to appropriate departments all pertinent information requirements and special needs for arriving VIPs, large groups, and other key guests
- Lead marketing efforts to upsell guests on hotel services, offerings and amenities
- Greet all guests at all times in a friendly and helpful manner and attempts to learn and use guest’s name at every opportunity
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and enforce these in your areas
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers
- Ensure security incidents and accidents are logged, investigated and rectified to prevent future catastrophes
- Enhance the image of the hotel in the local community
- Participate as an active member of the community through associations, memberships and other trade organizations
- Interacts with individuals outside the hotel, including, but not limited to clients, Convention Bureaus, local Hotel Associations, Government Tourist offices, Airlines, Travel Agents, Tour Operators, competitors and other members of the local community
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Marketing or related field
- 10 or more years of experience in a hospitality or hotel sales and marketing setting with direct supervisory experience over a sales team
- Strong knowledge of local businesses and business trends required
- Self-starter, result oriented and a strategic thinker who is able to identify development needs and achieve objectives with strong communication skills with all levels of the business
- Ability to influence and create strong relationships
- International mindset and experience in working with a diverse team and high cultural sensitivity
- Knowledge of Local Ordinance
- Must speak English, Chinese and other languages preferred
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
We’ll offer the right candidate an attractive compensation package, on-going professional development and a culture of service excellence.
To apply for the above job, please send your resume to our General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants who do not hear from us within four weeks should consider their applications unsuccessful. Information collected will be used for employment purpose only.