To ensure our guest safety through our “True Hospitality” service philosophy, we have added measures at our hotel to ensure the health and safety of all individuals.
The health and wellbeing of our guests and team members are and will remain the top priority of InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong. Currently InterContinental Grand Stanford is not designed to operate as a quarantine facility. For the latest travel advice please visit the Hong Kong Government’s official website.
As the world adjusts to new travel norms and expectations, we’re enhancing the experience for our hotel guests – by redefining cleanliness and supporting wellbeing throughout your stay. We are expanding our commitment to cleanliness by:
- Launching a global IHG Clean Promise
- Using new science-led protocols and service measures
These strengthened procedures are designed to give you greater confidence and hotel teams the protection needed.
In view of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, all team members and newly arrived guests are requested to measure their body temperature upon check-in via our scanning point at the hotel entrance. This is accompanied by sanitizing gels at various stations throughout the hotel.
New Standards on Hygienic Practices
A number of hygiene practices have been introduced and reinforced, included but not limited to the following.
- In line with the Government ordinance all guests are required to wear a mask covering mouth and nose.
- The use of our clean robot which you may see in our public areas and guest floors.
- All staff wear surgical masks during their duties.
- Staffs and guests are encouraged to apply alcohol-based disinfectant hand rub which are located throughout the hotel and restaurants.
- Lift panels, door handles, counters and hand rails are sanitized by our Clean Promise ambassador every hour or more frequent based on high touch points.
- Our main entrance and carpets at the hotel lobby are sprayed with disinfectant every hour.
- Travel records are kept for check in guests.
- Guest toilets in public areas are sanitized every hour and all lids remain closed.
- All guest toilets use disposable hand towels.
- Restroom facilities such as toilets, sinks, vanity units, and paper towel dispensers are also frequently disinfected.
- Hand sanitizers and alcohol-based disinfectant wipes are provided for free usage throughout the hotel.
- Guest room key cards are disinfected by UV light
- Maintain social distancing during check-in/check-out process
- All guest rooms are thoroughly cleaned, disinfected and sealed to ensure the rooms will not be accessed or contaminated prior to guests’ arrival.
- Gym equipment is disinfected after each use
Dining Experience at Our Restaurants
For our Hoi King Heen, Café on M, Theo Mistral by Theo Randall and Tiffany’s New York Bar, we have measures in place for both food preparation areas as well as our dining rooms.
- It is compulsory for all guests to use the Leave home safe app scanning function or write down there contact details. (This information will be professionally destroyed after 31 days)
- All Food and Beverage staff are tested in accordance with the Government guidelines
- All of our culinary teams follow our Food Safety Management system.
- All tableware are cleaned and sanitized on a daily basis.
- All crockery and utensils go through a high temperature dish washer then are additionally sanitized.
- Dining tables and chairs are sanitized frequently throughout the day.
Meeting and Event Experience at our Function Space
- High-touch surfaces are frequently disinfected
- High traffic areas in the venues are frequently cleaned
- Hand sanitizers are placed at the entrance and exit of the venues
- Social distanced seating are arranged at venues
- Directional signages are set up to assist in managing guest flow
- Disinfected table linens are changed daily
- Single-serve, pre-packaged and plated food and beverage options are offered
- All staff wear surgical masks during their duties and put on gloves where appropriate
As health and wellbeing of everyone at our hotel takes centre-stage, InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong is dedicated and looks forward to welcoming guests to the hotel and Asia’s World City.