Your privacy is very important to InterContinental™ Hotels Group. To help protect your privacy, we adhere to the following guidelines:
- This web site will explicitly ask when it needs information that personally identifies our customers or allows it to contact our customers ("Personal Information"). When possible, this
web sitewill provide our customers with the means to make sure that Personal Information is correct and current.
web siteand its service providers use Personal Information to operate the sites, provide services, and to inform our customers of new features, services, and products. This web site may also carefully select other companies to send our customers information about their products or services (a "Secondary Use").
- If this
web siteintends to use Personal Information for a Secondary Use, we will not do so until we have provided our customers with an opportunity to affirmatively select such service.
- This web site may disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with applicable law or with legal process served on InterContinental™ Hotels Group or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of InterContinental™ Hotels Group or this site, and (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of InterContinental™ Hotels Group hotels, the site, or the public. Guest information collected by InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong could be shared with InterContinental™ Hotels Group.
- To unsubscribe from our future email newsletters or other email promotions, please follow the directions on the bottom of the email where
anunsubscribe link is available.
- You have legal rights under EU data protection laws in relation to your personal information. To exercise any of your rights please contact our Data Protection Officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can ask us to confirm whether or not we have and are using your personal information and for a copy of your information.You can ask us to correct any information about you which is incorrect. We will be happy to rectify such information but would need to verify the accuracy of the information first.
- You can ask us to erase your information if you think we no longer need to use it for the purpose we collected it from you. You can also ask us to erase your information if you have either withdrawn your consent to us using your information (if we originally asked for your consent to use your information), or exercised your right to object to further legitimate use of your information, or where we have used it unlawfully or where we are subject to a legal obligation to erase your personal information.We may not always be able to comply with your request, for example where we need to keep using your information to comply with our legal obligation or where we need to use your information to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- You can ask us to restrict our use of your information in certain circumstances, for example:where you think the information is inaccurate and we need to verify it;where our use of your information is not lawful but you do not want us to erase it;where the information is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected but we need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; orwhere you have objected to our use of your personal information but we still need to verify if we have overriding grounds to use it.
- We can continue to use your information following a request for restriction where we have your consent to use it; or we need to use it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, or we need to use it to protect the rights of another individual or a company.
- You can object to any use of your information which we have justified on the basis of our legitimate interest, if you believe your fundamental rights and freedoms to data protection outweigh our legitimate interest in using the information. If you raise an objection, we may continue to use your information if we can demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate interests to use the information.You can also require us to stop using your data for direct marketing purposes.
- You can ask us to provide your personal information to you in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, or you can ask to have it transferred directly to another data controller (e.g. another company).You may only exercise this right where we use your information in order to perform a contract with you, or where we asked for your consent to use your information. This right does not apply to any information which we hold or process that is not held in digital form.
- You can ask to obtain a copy of, or reference to, the safeguards under which your personal information is transferred outside of the European Union.We may redact data transfer agreements to protect commercial terms.We may ask you for proof of identity when making a request to exercise any of these rights. We do this to make sure that we only disclose information where we know we are dealing with the right individual.We will not ask for a fee, unless we think your request is unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Where a fee is necessary, we will inform you before proceeding with your request.
- We aim to respond to all valid requests within one month. It may however take us longer if the request is particularly complicated or you have made several requests. We will let you know if we think a response will take longer than one month. To help us respond more quickly, we may ask you to provide more detail about what you want to receive or are concerned about.We may not always be able to do what you have asked, for example if it would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others, or if we are otherwise legally entitled to deal with the request in a different way.
If at any time a customer believes that this web site has not adhered to these principles, please notify InterContinental™ Hotels Group by e-mail at email@example.com, and we will use all commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and correct the problem.
Our customers should also be aware that information and data may be automatically collected through the standard operation of our internet servers and through the use of "cookies". "Cookies" are small text files a